The Lord’s Taverners Foundation – Sporting Chance Fund (SCF) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. This document sets out our policy on how we will manage your personal information.
Your privacy is important to us .SCF respect your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in material form or not, about an individual whose identity is reasonably apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from the information or opinion. Examples of personal information include your name, postal address, telephone number and email address.
We collect personal information to properly and efficiently carry out our functions, including to provide you requested products and services, and to facilitate the provision of marketing and promotion services that may be of interest to you.
The personal information collected and held about you will vary depending on the circumstances of collection and may include, but is not limited to, as follows:
- your name, address, email address, date of birth, gender, occupation, contact information
- other information provided voluntarily by you, for example in response to surveys or competitions
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, for example, when you provide information to us by phone, email, in an application form or competition entry form, when you purchase tickets to an event, submit information through or access our websites. From third parties, such as the Australian Cricket Entities, Cricket Australia, ticket agencies, Cricket Australia or Australian Cricket commercial partners and other commercial data sources and data providers. We may collect personal information regarding a child from the parent or other responsible person associated with that child.
We may also receive information about you from third parties in relation to other websites. For example, you may choose to participate in a third party application or feature as part of our services (such as logging in through Facebook Connect or Google+ or otherwise linking to the services from another website or interactive service) or on a third party website or service (such as a Facebook application or a similar application or feature) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including personal information.
When you choose to participate, you may be opting to link your activity on SCF with that third party website or service, which may then collect information about your visits to SCF websites and may publish that activity as you request to your “profile” or similar feature with that third party (such as if you choose to share content you find on an SCF website with your “connections” on the third party’s website or service).
If you do not provide some or all of the information that we requests from you, this may affect our ability to communicate with you or provide the requested products or services.
By not providing requested information, you may jeopardize your ability to participate in programs or competitions or apply for employment or volunteer positions with us. If it is impracticable for us to deal with you as a result of you not providing the requested information or consent, we may refuse to do so.
Information storage and protection
We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. When your information is provided to us, the information may be combined or linked with other information held about you.
Security of personal information is important to us. We have taken steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Some of the security measures we use include strict confidentiality requirements of our respective employees, volunteers, service providers, security measures for system access and security measures for our website.
How do we use your personal information?
SCF may use your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected and secondary purposes related to the primary purpose. Such primary and secondary purposes may include, without limitation, use of your personal information to:
- Verify your identity;
- Complete background checks;
- Develop, run, administer and market competitions, programs, activities and other Events relating to cricket and other sports;
- Market products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by SCF or Australian Cricket Entities or our respective corporate partners.
- Administer and manage our respective websites and provide you with access to those websites;
- Keep you informed of news and information (such as advance notice of ticket sales) relating to cricket and other sports, including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communication via various mediums;
- Research, develop, run, administer and market new competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to cricket and other sports; and
- Research and develop new products, services and merchandise relating to cricket and other sports.
Health and sensitive information
If it is reasonably necessary in the circumstances, or you have elected to provide it, SCF may also collect sensitive information (which is a type of personal information) such as:
- information about your health and medical history; or
- other sensitive information about you (for example, information about your racial or ethnic origin or that of your parents).
SCF may use health information about you for insurance purposes and/or to ensure that cricket programs in which you participate are run safely and in accordance with any special health needs you may have. If you do not consent to the collection of your health and sensitive information (and we are not otherwise permitted under law to collect that information) please do not provide your health and sensitive information when prompted to do so.
In addition, we may use de-identified health information and other sensitive information to carry out research, to plan events and activities or to prepare submissions to government or a government body. De-identified information is information which has been aggregated or otherwise de-identified so that it cannot be used to identify you or any other individual.
When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Cricket Australia;
- Australian Cricket Entities;
- Lord’s Taverners Branches;
- Organizations (other than Australian Cricket) involved in cricket and sporting programs and initiatives in Australia;
- Companies that we have engaged or used to carry out functions and activities on our behalf, including companies involved in:
- advertising and marketing our products, services, merchandise and special offers (including social media partners);
- data aggregation, enrichment, augmentation, processing, analytics and research; and
- the design, implementation, maintenance and hosting of any member database on our behalf;
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Our insurers;
- Governmental bodies including the Australian, State & Territory Institutes of Sport, the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and the Australian Sports Commission; and
- Third party service providers, who may be located (and so your personal information may be disclosed) overseas, including in India, the USA and the UK, and other countries from time to time. In such circumstances, we will use our best endeavors to ensure such parties are subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are suitably similar to the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will use non-sensitive personal information to provide better services and for marketing purposes (including disclosure of such information to service providers and commercial partners).
If you do not wish to receive e-mail, SMS or posted offers from us, you may opt-out by using the link provided. Alternatively, you may advise us at any time that you do not wish to receive e-mail, SMS or posted offers.
In addition, we may also disclose personal information
- with your express or implied consent;
- when required or authorized by law;
- to an enforcement body when reasonably necessary; or
- to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health or safety.
When you visit SCF websites, our systems may record certain information about your use of those websites (such as which web pages you visit and the time and date of your visit).We use this information to help analyse and improve the performance of our websites.
Accuracy of your personal information
Australian Cricket takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly. You are encouraged to regularly review and update your personal information. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
How can you access the personal information we hold about you?
Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access your personal information.
For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that we hold about you, we require you to put your request in writing. If we do not allow you access to any part of the personal information we hold about you, we will tell you why.
We will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information, but we may charge you for our reasonable costs in supplying you with access to this information.
For the avoidance of doubt, opting–out or unsubscribing yourself from a mailing list of an Australian Cricket product or service will ensure your removal from that particular mailing list but will not guarantee your removal from other mailing lists that SCF may store your details in as a result of your engagement with a different service or product.
You can contact SCF by emailing us here.
Alternatively, you can write to SCF Privacy Officer at 70 Iris Road Glen Iris, 3146.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint or you are unhappy with the outcome, you can contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner via its enquiries line 1300 363 992 or website http://www.oaic.gov.au/ to lodge a complaint.